Pages

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Week #8: Practicing My Knowledge

This past week I attempted to find a situation I could put my knowledge on Wildlife Veterinary Medicine to work; however I found it very difficult. Because Veterinary Medicine is such a competitive field, I found it nearly impossible to find an experience that I did not need any qualifications or experience for. This post made me realize how little I know about how to treat animals, mostly because I haven’t taken any of those classes yet. I assume that treating animals in real life is a lot different than in the text books. Text books don’t necessarily talk about just how wild these animals are, and also how the veterinarian will live and feel while trying to work with these animals. 

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that you couldn't find anything to have a real life experience in. Maybe you could check out the local Humane Society or do more research on what to do when animals are in need. I understand what you mean by the fact that there is no comparison between actually going out and doing the jobs compared to simply just reading about them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Going to the humane society is something I actually do quite often. I like to volunteer; however, they don't often have wildlife animals. Usually I work with dogs and cats.

      Delete